Monday 20 May 2013

The Mitre Wiz - Great for Cutting Tiles and Getting Perfect Mitre Edges

In my recent posts I have mentioned the Mitre Wiz, a new tile cutting tool. The Mitre Wiz is used for creating perfect mitred edges on any tile job. Very rarely does a new tile tool come onto the market that actually changes the way I tile, the Mitre Wiz did.

Forget using big wetsaws, forget chipping glaze, forget using tacky trim - with the Mitre Wiz I can now offer my clients mitred edges for far less than what it would cost to trim and a lot easier for me. You clip the Mitre Wiz onto your grinder and it works like a guide. You can cut pretty much any type of tile in a few seconds. It leaves a nice little amount of biscuit to prevent the glaze from chipping and actually cuts at a 42.5 degree angle to allow for grout to make the perfect 90 degree edge. So simple, it's hard to understand why this hasn't been available before. Plus it's cheap! The tool costs under twenty bucks and is made from solid hardened plastic so it should stand the test of time.

I believe the Mitre Wiz is one of the most exciting developments in the tiling world for a long time. A great tool that makes any tile job a whole lot easier.

It's available at Bunnings or specialty tile shops. You can check out their site to see the tool in action:

http://www.mitrewiz.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment